Location: Portsmouth, NH
Position: Sales Associate
Position Type: Part-time with flexibility; evenings and weekends required
Salary Range: Varies based on experience, starts at $10.50/hour
Hours: 12-24 hours, permanent
At Diversions Puzzles & Games, our goal is to provide a unique and engaging experience for our customers. We seek positive team members who are excited to help people find the puzzles and games that best suit their needs while maintaining the store’s orderly and charming appearance. Potential team members should have strong communication skills, excel at problem-solving, thrive when working under pressure during busy seasons, and be motivated to work alone and with minimal supervision during quiet months.
- Provide product information to customers; recommend age and skill appropriate games and puzzles to customers.
- Operate cash register, process credit card payments; balance register at end of shift.
- Assist store manager in maximizing sales by focusing on key business initiatives, store presentation, inventory management, customer service, and loss prevention.
- Sort and inventory merchandise, stock shelves, organize and rearrange merchandise as necessary.
- Independently run and/or provide support for in-store and off-site events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1-2 years of retail experience preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with other team members.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and prioritize work responsibilities accordingly.
- Basic computer skills, including email, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, easily climb stairs, and lift/carry up to 50 lbs for short periods of time.
- Weekend availability required.
For a full job description or to submit an application/resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org