Position: Sales Associate
Position Type: Permanent Part-Time & Seasonal Part-Time (evenings and weekends required for both)
Salary Range: Varies based on experience, starts at $10.50/hour
Hours: 10-24 hours per week
Location: Portsmouth, NH
At Diversions Puzzles & Games, our goal is to provide a unique and engaging experience for our customers. We seek positive team members who are excited to help people find the puzzles and games that best suit their needs while maintaining the store’s orderly and charming appearance. Potential team members should have strong communication skills, excel at problem-solving, thrive when working under pressure during busy seasons, have strong focus and attention to detail, and be motivated to work alone and with minimal supervision during quiet months.
- Provide product information to customers; recommend age and skill appropriate games and puzzles to customers.
- Operate cash register, process credit card payments; balance register at end of shift.
- Assist store manager in maximizing sales by focusing on key business initiatives, store presentation, inventory management, customer service, and loss prevention.
- Sort and inventory merchandise, stock shelves, organize and rearrange merchandise as necessary.
- Provide support for in-store and off-site events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1-2 years of retail experience preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Have flexibility in availability. Be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with other team members.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and manage multiple work responsibilities simultaneously.
- Basic computer skills, including email, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, easily climb stairs, and lift boxes up to 50lbs.
For a full job description or to submit an application/resume, please contact the store manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.