Location: South Portland, ME
Position: Sales Associate
Position Type: Part-time with flexibility; evenings, weekends, and some holidays required
Salary Range: Varies based on experience, starts at $11.00/hour
Hours: 12-20 hours, permanent
At Diversions Puzzles & Games, our goal is to provide a unique and engaging experience for our customers. We seek positive and friendly team members who are excited to assist customers by recommending age and interest appropriate games and puzzles. Candidates will be expected to maintain the store’s clean and orderly appearance. Potential team members should have strong oral and written communication skills, excel at problem-solving alone and with a team, thrive when working under pressure during busy times and be motivated to work alone and with minimal supervision.
- Provide product information to customers; recommend age and skill appropriate games and puzzles to customers.
- Operate cash register, process credit card payments; balance register at end of shift.
- Receive and sort merchandise, stock shelves, organize and rearrange product to create and maintain store displays.
- Maintain the store’s orderly appearance, including thorough daily cleaning of floors, bathrooms, shelves, product, etc.
- Independently run and/or provide support for in-store events.
- Assist store manager in maximizing sales by focusing on key business initiatives, store presentation, inventory management, customer service, and loss prevention.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1-2 years of retail experience preferred.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to ensure punctual arrival and flexibility to cover shifts as needed.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and contribute to a positive atmosphere while working with other team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work responsibilities accordingly.
- Basic computer skills, including email, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, easily climb stairs, and lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
For a full job description or to submit an application/resume,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be found online at the below link; please feel free to print this at home and bring in to the store for review.